Last updated: September 8, 2020
We receive and store any information you knowingly provide to us. For example, through the registration process and/or through your account settings, we may collect, without limitation, Personal Information such as your name and email address. Certain information may be required to register with us or to take advantage of some of our features or content.
We may communicate with you if you’ve provided us the means to do so. For example, if you’ve given us your email address, we may email you about your use of our Services. Also, we may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us. This confirmation helps us make our communications with you more interesting and improve our Services. If you do not want to receive communications from us, please indicate your preference by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by following the opt-out instructions contained in such emails.
We may use the personal information we collect through our Site and in connection with our Services for a range of reasons, including:
- To provide and manage the Services you request. This may include, for example, setting up your account, sending you content you have requested or subscribed to, and enabling you to participate in features provided by the Services. It also includes providing personalized or relevant content and recommendations to you, including by email, in order to bring you information and content tailored to your interests.
- To contact you. This may include contacting you by email with content or information about the Services in connection with your account or marketing information in accordance with your marketing preferences. You may opt out of receiving promotional or marketing emails from us by following the instructions contained in those emails or by contacting email@example.com.
- To maintain and optimize the Site and Services. This may include using information collected to improve the navigation and content, identify any server, IT, or network issues, resolve technical issues, facilitate the security of the Site, and compile aggregated statistics about site usage to better understand the preferences of our Site visitors. We may use information to measure the placement, frequency, and efficacy of our Services or advertising and marketing efforts.
- To better understand our users. We may conduct research on our users’ demographics, interests and behavior based on the information we collect. We do this to better understand and serve our users, and to improve our Services.
- To deliver targeted advertising. This may include using personal information to advertise to you on third party sites, provide personalized information about us on and off our Site, and to provide other personalized content and advertising to you through our Services based on your activities and interests.
- With your consent. We may otherwise use your information with your consent or at your direction.
We may share and disclose your personal information to the following types of third parties for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice. California consumers, please see our California Privacy section, below, for additional detail regarding how we share personal information.
Other Parties When Required by Law or as Necessary to Protect our Users and Services. We may share your information to comply with any competent law enforcement body, regulatory body, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary, as a matter of applicable law or regulation, to exercise, establish, or defend our legal rights, or to protect your vital interests or those of any other person.
Otherwise with Your Consent or At Your Direction. We may share information about you with third parties whenever you consent to or direct such sharing.
Social media platforms. Our Site includes links to our social media pages. These features may collect information about your IP address and which page you are visiting on our Site, and they may set a cookie to make sure the feature functions properly. Social media features are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Site. We also maintain presences on social media platforms, including Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram. Your use of those third party platforms are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
Depending on the country in which you reside, you may have the following data protection rights:
- To access; correct; update; port; delete; restrict or object to our processing of your personal information. You can exercise these rights by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You can also opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. We may ask you to verify your identity in order to help us respond to your request.
You can opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of our marketing emails.
Also, opt-out requests can be made by emailing at email@example.com. Please note that some communications (such as service messages, account notifications, billing information) are considered transactional and necessary for subscription management and you will continue to receive these messages unless and until you cancel your account.
We take appropriate and reasonable technical and organizational measures designed to protect your personal information. These measures we use are designed to provide a level of security that is appropriate, taking into account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the personal information.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides California consumers (as defined by the CCPA) with specific rights regarding their personal information. California consumers have the right to request that businesses subject to the CCPA disclose certain information about their collection, use, and sharing of your California personal information over the past 12 months. A description of the categories of information we collect and the categories of sources we collect information from can be found under the section above headed “Information We Collect.” Additionally, a description of the purposes for our use of personal information can be found in the section above headed “Use of Personal Information.”
Under the CCPA, California consumers may also ask a business to disclose specific pieces of personal information that the business has collected about the consumer. If the business sells personal information, California consumers have a right to opt-out of that sale. Finally, a business cannot discriminate against California consumers for exercising a CCPA right.In addition, California consumers have the right to ask such businesses to delete personal information collected from California consumers, subject to certain exceptions as required or permitted by applicable law.
Please direct any such rights requests or additional questions that you may have regarding this Privacy Notice to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you choose to make a request, you may authorize an agent to make such a request on your behalf. We will seek to verify your identity and your agent’s authority when we receive an individual rights request from you or on your behalf to ensure the security of your personal information. Generally, we will match information that you provide to us with information stored in our systems to verify your identity, so we may need to collect additional personal information to verify your identity and complete your request.
Under the CCPA, California consumers may also ask us for details about how we collect, use, and share your personal information. You may also request to receive the specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you.
Most Human does not, and does not intend to, sell personal information (as “sale” is defined by the CCPA) and we do not have knowledge that we sell the personal information of consumers under 16 years old.
The CCPA currently exempts personal information reflecting a written or verbal business-to-business communication (“B2B Personal Information”) from certain of the law’s requirements, and also currently exempts personal information collected and used about a natural person acting as a business’s employee or contractor (“Personnel Information”). The rights described in this section may not apply to B2B Personal Information or Personnel Information.
Consistent with California law, if you choose to exercise your applicable CCPA rights, we won’t charge you different prices or provide you with a different quality of services. If we ever offer a financial incentive or product enhancement that is contingent upon you providing your personal information, we will not do so unless the benefits to you are reasonably related to the value of the personal information that you provide to us.
We retain personal information for as long as we need it for a legitimate business or legal need to do so. Our retention periods will vary depending on the type of data involved, but, generally, we refer to these criteria in order to determine retention period:
- Whether we have a legal or contractual need to retain the data.
- Whether the data is necessary to provide our Services or the Site.
- Whether the data is necessary to carry out a transaction you have requested.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it.
If you have any questions or comments, or if you have a concern about the way in which we collect and process your personal information, please email us at email@example.com.